Robco is a distributor of FLANGEGUARDS pipe safety shields used in a variety of industries, where their primary application is the prevention of harmful spray-outs and mist formation from failing pipe joints, of toxic, corrosive and dangerous liquids such as acid, oil or steam.
Safety or spray shields offer the last line of defence. They are not designed to contain the leak indefinitely, but to prevent the harmful spray outs resulting in fire or explosions causing considerable plant down time, capital expenditure and even loss of life.
What are the main purposes of the shields?
- Prevent Spray-outs
- Avoid oil mist formation
- Provide leak indication
Which areas and plants on site require shielding?
- Oil lines near hot surfaces
- Acid Lines near personnel or walkways
- Reducing zoned hazardous areas
- Concentration, temperature & pressure
- Pipelines at higher heights
- Pipe Joint types
Common dangerous mediums
- Thermal oil
- Oil mist
- Gas jet
- LNG (Liquified natural gas)
- MEG (Mono-ethylene glycol)